Centina Systems Unveils the Next Standard of Service Assurance with NetOmnia™ 5.0
NetOmnia™ 5.0 Offers Unprecedented Scale for CSPs of All Sizes with Improved Time to Market and OPEX Savings
LIVE FROM MANAGEMENT WORLD AMERICAS
PLANO, TX and ORLANDO – Dec. 04, 2012 – Continuing its mission to provide the next generation of service assurance for the rapidly evolving communications industry, Centina Systems, a leading provider of service assurance and service quality management solutions for communications service providers (CSPs) worldwide, has released NetOmnia™ 5.0, the new standard for communications service assurance.
With pre-integrated support for 550+ different device types from 100+ vendors, enhanced workflow management, advanced reporting and dashboards, and flexible SLA management, the NetOmnia™ 5.0 solution offers actionable insight into today’s unprecedented scale of network and performance information, while meeting operational expenditure savings and time-to-market requirements.
“First and foremost, the most stunning change we see in carrier requirements for service assurance and network and performance management is a never-before-seen need for scalability,” said Centina Systems CEO Anand Gonuguntla. “It’s an era of Big Data-operators are facing a disruptive explosion of 5 to 10 times the number of supported devices than they once had, escalating volumes of data and video traffic, and ever more complex network infrastructure which includes Ethernet and LTE as top-of-mind investments.”
The rise of heterogeneous networks (HetNets) is changing the game for communications service providers (CSPs), he added. “Going forward into 2013 and beyond, we will see big infrastructure extensions,” said Gonuguntla. “Mobile operators globally are launching LTE but also leveraging small cells, and cable operators are embracing Wi-Fi on a widespread basis to extend coverage even as they continue DOCSIS 3.0 builds. Meanwhile, telcos have more and more fiber in the ground, while still maintaining plenty of copper. The result for carriers of all sizes, from Tier 1 to mid sizeoperators, is a growing, disjointed mountain of service-related information in need of visibility.”
Centina Systems. NetOmnia™ 5.0 offers a number of key benefits to service providers. These include but are not limited to:
- Ever Expanding Device Support: NetOmnia™ now includes pre-integrated support for 550+ different device types from 100+ carrier infrastructure vendors.
- Workflow Automation further empowers the end-user: NetOmnia™ Workflow Automation allows users to easily automate and interconnect systems through reusable workflow actions without programming and additional actions for external database and Web Service Query.
- Advanced & Scheduled Reports: Customers can not only generate reports within NetOmnia, but can also access data from external systems, enabling powerful and consolidated views across the network and OSS infrastructure.
- Enhanced SLA Management, Conformance and Reporting to meet the needs of next-generation services and increasing competition.
- Scheduled Maintenance module empowers users to schedule maintenance on demand either with NetOmnia’s internal maintenance schedule or integrated with external maintenance databases.
- Adaptive Correlation Module empowers NetOmnia to learn the behavior of any network to automatically correlate and suppress alarms to dramatically improve troubleshooting and network performance.
“With this release, our mandate was to meet that main scalability challenge, and then take the platform further, to support the prismatic array of business and consumer expectations for the reliability of their communications,” said Gonuguntla. “The result is that NetOmnia™ 5.0 is a carefully tailored solution for the next generation of communications, across operators of all sizes, for 2013 and beyond.”
About Centina Systems, Inc:
Centina Systems’ innovation is redefining Service Assurance and helping service providers succeed in today’s highly competitive landscape. Based in Plano, TX, Centina Systems provides Service Assurance and Service Quality Management solutions for communications service providers globally. The company is focused on helping operators enhance the customer experience, while at the same time improving their operations through increased agility and faster time to market of new services. For more information, visit www.centinasystems.com
Categorised in: Press Releases